To get started with Apiax, you need a personal account to access the Apiax apps.
Before requesting an Apiax account for you or someone else in your company, confirm with your IT team if you own any licenses available. In case you don't, contact Apiax to get yours.
To use the Apiax Platform, you need to configure 2-Factor Authentication (2FA) to increase the security level of your account. Before proceeding with the setup, ensure you have an authenticator app in your smartphone such as FreeOTP, Google Authenticator, Microsoft Authenticator, LastPass Authenticator, or other.
If you have an authenticator app already, proceed to Setting up the 2-Factor Authentication.
If you don't have an authenticator app, proceed to Installing an authenticator app on your phone.
Installing an authenticator app on your phone
For setting up the 2FA, you need to install an authenticator app on your cell phone. There are several free authentication apps in the market, such as FreeOTP, Google Authenticator, Microsoft Authenticator, LastPass Authenticator, and others.
To install an authenticator app on your phone, follow the steps below. If you have one already, proceed to Setting up the 2-Factor Authentication.
- Open the Play Store app or the App Store on your phone if you're using an Android or iOS phone, respectively. If your phone uses a different operating system, open its application store app.
- In the search field, search by "authentication".
- Choose the app of your preference and install it.
- Proceed to Setting up the 2-Factor Authentication.
Setting up the 2-Factor Authentication
Once Apiax creates an account for you, you get a welcome email with the instructions to proceed. Check your inbox, and ensure the email is not in the spam folder.
Read the instructions provided in the email and click the button at the end to proceed.
A new window opens in your browser with the steps you need to follow to set up the 2-Factor Authentication (2FA) setup process.
Follow the steps below to set up the 2FA.
- Open your authenticator app.
- Go to the webpage you opened from the email sent by Apiax.
- Use the scan option in the authenticator app, and scan the QR-code shown on the webpage.
Apiax is now added to the app.
The QR-code has a limited time validation. If your QR-Code expired, you need to request a new one from Apiax.
- On the webpage, type the six digits of the one-time code shown in your app in the Insert one-time code field. Take into account its expiration time in seconds. If the code is about to expire, wait for the app to generate a new code.
- Click Confirm code to submit.
- The 2FA setup is complete. Click Login to start using Apiax.